Creating new habits is what helps in the transformation to a healthier lifestyle. Here are five pillars for your health journey. When these are in place, your journey has a better chance of success.
I have worked with many people who are trying to reach certain goals but are frustrated with their lack of progress. Developing these 5 pillars can support your progress. I recommend that you start with one of them. Once it becomes a natural habit, select another one. It really helps to focus on one change at a time.
The 5 Pillars
- Healthy Eating
- Getting 7-8 hours of sleep is standard. Improving your sleep is the place to start. You have to be rested and let your body rejuvenate each day. Focus on a nighttime ritual and begin it early enough so you have time to be calm before getting in bed.
- Exercise does not have to be 60 min of a high intensity workout. Exercise means that you move instead of being sedimentary during the day. One choice is to talk a walk or take a few short walks. Choose to be active every day for at least 30 min.
- There are many benefits of choosing nutrient dense foods. It is about developing healthy eating habits vs. being on a restrictive diet. Healthy eating can help you to feel better and can lead to fewer health issues.
- Being organized can help to reduce the stress in your life. Having structures or patters helps you to be more productive, helps you sleep better and can give you more time to focus on the things that are important to you.
- There are numerous benefits of drinking water. Water is a secret ingredient to a healthy life. Water not only helps to reduce hunger, it aids in the production of muscle, and helps to flush out toxins in your system.
These five pillars for your health journey support an active, healthily lifestyle. Having these foundations in place make your journey more attainable.