Do you look for delicious ways to add vegetables to your diet? Are you looking for ways to focus more on vegetables? Vegetables are a great go to since they are low in fat, high in nutrients and may reduce the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer. Vegetables are just a good food choice.
I was watching my friend feed her young baby vegetables for the first time. I got so tickled watching baby V spit out her green beans while making a funny face. Someday baby V will be looking for ways to eat more veggies, just like her mom is now.
It is easy to add more vegetables to your current eating habits. Do you eat a lot of soups in the winter and grill often in the summer? Here are a few ideas for how to add more vegetables to your meals.
Add Vegetables to Your Diet
- Load vegetable stew with squash, carrots, celery, onions, spinach, tomatoes
- Top with onion, zucchini, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, olives, artichoke hearts
- Using eggs as a base, add in broccoli, spinach, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus, onion, roasted red peppers
Exchange vegetables for gluten products
- Cauliflower mac and cheese, spaghetti squash or zucchini spaghetti noodles, cauliflower pizza crust
Stir Fry or roasted vegetables
- Mix up all your favorite vegetables and roast in oven or put in to stir fry. Some new vegetables not mentioned above: snow peas, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, turnips, parsnips, etc.
- Add spinach or other greens to your morning smoothie
What other ways do you add vegetables to your diet? What are some of your favorite veggies and what do you add them to? To learn more about the benefits of eating vegetables, go to vegetable group.
For another story about vegetables, read Do You Want Spinach with That?