Living a healthy lifestyle includes choosing to eat whole foods. Healthy eating is a way of life instead of a short-term restrictive diet. Squash is one of the many good options to add to your meals. Butternut squash is low-calorie, fiber-rich and is a great source of important vitamins, minerals, and disease-fighting antioxidants. Roasting butternut squash is easy and fast.
Ways to Eat Roasted Squash:
- With brussels sprouts and other roasted vegetables
- Sweet with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg
- Savory with thyme sage, and oregano
- Italian lasagna with ricotta cheese
- Mexican casserole with black beans and salsa
- Toss in veggie bowls, soups, or pasta
Some see Butternut Squash in the grocery store and feel overwhelmed with what to do, how to cut and cook it. Roasting butternut squash is easy.
Steps to Prepare a Butternut Squash:
- Wash the outside of the squash
- Peel the skin off, this might take a few times to peel it down to the orange squash
- Cut off the bulb with the seeds inside
- Chop squash into 1-inch cubes
- Remove seeds and chop
- Put in roasting dish with EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Roast at 425 for 25-35 min until soft and golden
Adding butternut squash to your meals is an excellent way to boost your fiber intake and decrease your hunger. Since it is low in calories it makes a great choice when retaining a healthy weight.