Have you ever started a new job, habit, or activity? You are excited about all the possibilities and then after a certain amount of time, the excitement dwindles. You are less inspired and are struggling to stay motivated. When you feel like this, here are thoughts of how to persuade yourself to stay motivated and inspired.
Stay Motivated and Inspired
- Be Grateful-concentrate on what you did accomplish or did try. Look at all the positives from the work accomplished instead of all the negatives from what you possibly did not accomplish.
- Perseverance- keep trying. “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” Stay determined and continue to try. Remember, successful people have many failures under their belts.
- Keep grounded-remember your “why”. Focus on why you want to do something new and your reasons you are putting yourself out there.
- Find a mentor or buddy-seek someone you look up to who has experience in what you want to accomplish. Reach out, most of the time people are happy to help and be asked for their advice.
- Set small goals- develop incremental goals that you can look forward to
- Surround yourself with positive people who encourage you, believe in you and support you.
- Do things to Stay strong emotionally and physically. Take care of yourself first and focus on the fundamentals in life (rest, food, water, self-care).
- There are 365 days in the year, that is 365 new starts and new opportunities to try again. You don’t have to be perfect; you just need to show up and try every day.
Remember to think about the direction you are taking and not the speed you in which you are progressing. Slow and steady in the right direction wins the race over going fast in the wrong direction.
Are you on the right track? Do you have techniques to persuade yourself to stay motivated and inspired?
2 thoughts on “How to Persuade Yourself to Stay Motivated and Inspired”
Gail, you’ve created a wonderful and practical website. You’re my star! Joyce
Thanks for the lovely feedback 💕