Be yourself and be true to yourself. Do not deny who you are or what you have to offer. Easy to say, sometimes it is harder to implement. At times it seems easier to focus on others and on what they have.
We have many couple friends. In one set, I think our female friend is sexy. She has that certain way about her including her hair, presence, and clothes. I admire her and would like to have more of her style. But that is just not going to happen. That is just not who I am. I have been called a Tom Boy my whole life. When I was young, I spent my life in a tree with my pocketknife.
Don’t get me wrong, I am happy and comfortable with who I am. I am an expert at being myself. But sometimes I get off track and seem to want what others have. Has that ever happened to you?
Here are 5 things to think about when you begin to feel off track:
- Comparisons are never helpful. It is never helpful to compare yourself to others. We are all so different and the grass is never greener on the other side of the fence. Concentrate on your strengths and what you have to offer.
- Don’t worry about what others say about you. Other’s opinion is really not your concern.
- Be thankful for your physical and mental health. These are the foundations of life. Focus on these and do not take them for granted.
- Have gratitude for your many blessings. Be thankful for the positive aspects of your life as well as the challenges. The challenges give you an opportunity to grow.
- Be confident. Your self-confidence will take you far in life. Trust in your abilities, qualities and judgement.
Celebrate yourself and remember to have positive self-talk and self-reflection.