There are many different ways to get fit. Not everyone will enjoy the same thing. Personally, I LOVE to run. I am extra excited on my run days. I know running is not for everyone. The important thing is to find a fitness activity that works for you. Activities can be indoor or outdoors, either way, pick an activity you are excited about. Here are some ideas on indoor fitness club activities.
Indoor Fitness Activities
- Spin Class
- Cardio workout on indoor stationary bikes. Includes a variety of intensities lead by a motivating coach with music.
- Strengthening and stabilizing the core through controlled movements without much cardio.
- Boot Camp
- Intense physical class modeled after military fitness training.
- HIIT Workouts (High Intensity Interval Training)
- High intensity movements for shorter time frames.
- Barre Workouts
- Precise and controlled movements modeled after ballet class. It emphasizes toning vs. cardio.
- Cross Fit
- Focuses on high-intensity weightlifting with some cardio.
- Jazzercise or Zumba
- Dance class with some routines which involves physical fitness.
- Strength poses that increase muscle strength and flexibility.
There are many different activities you can use to get fit. Find a fitness activity that you have passion about. If you are not a indoor or fitness club person, pick something else. There are many activities and sports for the outdoor fitness enthusiast.
For a fun fitness club story, read People at the Gym.
3 thoughts on “Find A Fitness Activity That Works for You”