Life changes constantly. Some changes are small, and we seem to shift into them effortlessly while others are significant changes that are harder to accept. Regardless of the degree of change and no matter where you are in your life journey, having principles in place can help one cope. In other words, no matter what is going on around us, there are 5 top principles to live your best life.
I was talking with a few friends and listening to some of the issues and challenges they are facing in life. One was talking about juggling 3 busy teenage schedules, finding family time, and sit-down mealtime. Another was dealing with blending two young families into one, handling schedules, and dealing with ex’s. The third gal was adjusting to retirement and creating new routines with her spouse.
All these situations are challenging and full of changes. Who wouldn’t want a foundation of support in place?
5 Top Principles to Live Your Best Life:
- Focus and concentrate on your blessings, not just your challenges
- Surround yourself with friends and people who share the same values and support you in yours
- Schedule time on your calendar for activities that are important to you (exercise, dancing, reading, bubble baths, time with friends)
- Make healthy living choices as priorities for your mind, body, and spirit
- Concentrate on choices you were able to make instead of feeling you did not have any choices
Many other principles could be added. This would result in a very long list. However, these top 5 are the place to start. The list is short for 2 reasons.
- Brain research says we remember a shorter list with odd number (3, 5, 7)
- It is easier to implement fewer ideas
Take a moment to reflect and reread the list. Are you living your best life, no matter what you are facing? What principle do you want to add or incorporate into your routines to provide that extra support? Having an accountability coach can help with implementing these 5 top principles to live your best life.