We All AGE
I can’t believe I just said the “A” word. Yes, that terrible word “AGE” that we ALL have to face sooner or later. No matter where you are on your “AGE” journey, the following words are meant for you.
Facts of Life
The 2 basic facts of life are:
1. We all age
2. We all have choices to make as to how we will age
You have all seen these people, the people who don’t look their chronological age. Some look much younger and you can’t believe they are really “that old”. And sad to say, some look and act much older then what they really are. Staying fit helps you appear and feel younger then your actual age.
5 Things To Do To Stay Fit
Who do you want to be as you grow older? No matter what your age, it is NEVER to late to get started. You might be asking what do I need to do? Here is a very simple basic list to get you started. Just 5 things….YOU CAN DO THIS!
- Move your body every day
- Get up several times a day and walk, get your heart pumping, move
- Walk the stairs
- Walk with the neighbors
- Lift weights
- Lift weights 2-3 times a week
- Start with easy light weights
- Work on your arms and legs
- Stay flexible
- Touch your toes
- Stretch your arms, legs, neck, torso
- Eat whole foods
- Shop around the parameters of the grocery store avoiding most of the processed foods in the rows in the center of the store
- Plan your meals around protein, fruits, and vegetables
- Follow the 80-20 rule, make wise food choices 80% of the time
- Remember the value of sleep
- Rest and sleep are VERY important
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night
- Sleep helps to restore and heal your body
What will you choose?
That is it. 5 simple, easy things you can implement NOW, today, immediately. How are you going to choose to age?
Note on the featured picture: There are 4 generations in this image. One mom, 2 daughters, 2 granddaughters, and 6 great-grandchildren. Can you guess their ages?